Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cheesy Potatoe and Corn Chowder

I got this recipe from 24hourmenu

Cheesy Potatoe and Corn Chowder


2 Tbsp. butter
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. chopped onion
2 cans chicken broth
3 C. peeled and cubed potatoes
1 can of corn
1 40z can diced green chilies
1 2.5oz pkg country gravy mix
2 C. milk
1 C. fiesta blend shredded cheese


In large sauce pan melt butter of med heat. Add celery and onions and stir till tender (about 5 min)
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then add potatoes and cook till potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
Stir in corn and chilies, return to boil. Mix gravy mix with 2 c. milk stir into potatoe mixture. Add cheese and stir till it is melted. Serve

*I didn't add the full can of chilies I am not a big fan of them and I was afraid it would make it too spicy it added just the right amount of kick to it. Also I added a little cream to this. More cream makes everything better :)

1 comment:

luke and kourt said...

I love soup so I'll have to give this one a try!