Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I have actually never really had chicken cordon bleu till I made this and I must say it was Delicious!!! I got this recipe from Bdubscafe There is a sauce that goes on top of these but I forgot to take a pic of them after I put it on. Enjoy!!!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

4-6 chicken breasts, flattened
8 slices ham
4 slices of cheese (your choice) I used provolone
1 80z cream cheese (softened)
1/2 tsp. minced onion
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. crushed cornflakes

Mix softened cream cheese, minced onion, and garlic salt. Spread evenly over chicken leaving about a 1/2 inch from outside edge. Place two pieces of ham and 1 slice of cheese on top of cream cheese mixture. Roll up chicken and secure with toothpick. Brush chicken with butter and dip in crushed cornflakes. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.


Sauce

1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 C. sour cream
2 tsp. lemon juice
paprika

Combine soups, sour cream, and lemon juice in sauce pan. Cook on med till heated through. Pour over chicken and cook additional 10 minutes.

3 comments:

luke and kourt said...

yummy.i am going to make it.

Ashley Robinett said...

I made this last night & it was delicious!! The sauce recipe makes way more than enough sauce for 6 pieces of chicken, but how do you use only 1/2 a can of soup? :)

JeNNy said...

Ash, I know it does make a lot I think I saved it and made it again Cuz I didn't want to throw it away